- If you are visiting a retailer, don’t buy on the spot. Pushy salesperson aside, the diamond likely won’t be sold while you think about it for a few days. Write down all the details and be sure to research the characteristics and do a price comparison. And don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We’ll be happy to give you our opinion on the diamond.
- Eye-Cleanliness is Paramount: In our opinion, a consumer’s goal should be to find the cheapest (in regards to clarity; other factors matter as well) “eye-clean” diamond you can find. We use “eye-clean” to describe diamonds that may have inclusions if you look at them with a magnifying glass (or microscope or loupe), but the typical person can’t see the inclusion with their naked eye.
- Plan 2-3 Months in Advance: Although it’s certainly not required, we recommend beginning your search for an engagement ring about two to three months before you plan to propose. This gives you time to narrow down your options, look for the right vendor and have the jewelry made for you and shipped. You’ll also have the advantage of being able to negotiate prices and ensure that you have the most beautiful ring for your fiancé-to-be.
As a first-timer, buying a diamond can be a confusing process. Planning ahead of time lets you take it slow and understand what’s important to you, take advantage of engagement ring sales (if available) and make sure you get the best possible deal on your engagement ring.
- Don’t Rush Into a Decision: You might feel pressure to buy a diamond ring during a sale to save a couple of hundred dollars (at best). Don’t let marketing gimmicks or time constraints drive your decision. Remember that this is a once-in-a-lifetime purchase — not a normal consumer product. Your partner will be wearing the timeless engagement ring for the rest of their life. Not only does rushing increase your risk of getting a subpar ring, but it also increases your risk of paying more than you need to.
One thing we want to reiterate is that the best time to buy diamonds is when you feel that you’re ready to make the purchase. Diamonds are rarely available with large discounts, and you’ll save more by being prepared and understanding what to look for than you will from any sale.
- Pick a Budget for Your Diamond Ring: One of the most important things you can do before shopping for a diamond ring is preparing a clear, specific budget. Engagement rings can vary hugely in price. You can buy a beautiful engagement ring for $1,000 or less, or choose to spend $10,000, $20,000 or more on an ornate setting with a large and truly stunning center diamond.
Simply Majestic is your source for unique, fine jewelry. Owned and operated by Susette Tibus and Chuck Sneddon, Simply Majestic is located at 59 Williams Avenue in Mystic, CT. Whether searching for a traditional engagement ring; or a custom-design, our team will help with every jewelry need. Simply Majestic has a beautiful and extensive selection of wedding rings, bracelets, necklaces, diamonds, loose diamonds, gemstones, watches, earrings, charms and pendants.
From repair to re-design; from remount to restoration – or custom jewelry creations – enjoy the comfort of knowing utmost care of your treasures is top priority. Simply Majestic will clean your jewelry at no charge. Our repairs are legendary – from simple sizing to total restorations for antique and vintage jewelry. We set the standards others try to follow and while your jewelry is here to be serviced, why not get an up-to-date appraisal for your insurance company. You can be the designer – using your creativity with Simply Majestic’s Digital Design Studio – new technology meets old world craftsmanship. Design on our website or come to our store. We can’t wait to help you start your journey!
Leave A Comment